TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Agreement to Terms and Conditions
- Acceptance to Terms and Conditions
1.The website www.bkd-london.com (“the website”) is owned and operated by BKD London Ltd, trading as ‘BKD’. References to “we”, “us”, or “our” are references to BKD London Ltd. We are a company registered in England and Wales (company number 09081652), our VAT number is 192 8885 47 and our registered office and address for correspondence is:
7-17 Latona Road
- Your use of this website and purchase of any products from this website is at all times subject to these Terms and Conditions. By accessing our website you agree to our Terms and Conditions set out below. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you must exit our website immediately.
- Changes to Terms and Conditions
- We reserve the right, from time to time, with or without notice to you, to change these Terms and Conditions at our sole discretion. The Terms and Conditions applicable to your access to and use of this website will be the version that is current and displayed on the website as at each date you access the website. Your use of the website after changes are made means that you agree to be bound by such changes. These terms were last updated on 3rd October 2016.
- Accounts and Billing
- You can find the specific details regarding your order with BKD London Ltd by logging into your account and clicking on the relevant section of the website.
To view, amend or cancel existing orders: https://www.bkd-london.com/shop/my-account/
To view or amend your names, email address or reset your password: https://www.bkd-london.com/shop/my-account/edit-account/
To view or amend your payment card details: https://www.bkd-london.com/shop/my-account/payment-methods/
To view or amend delivery address details: https://www.bkd-london.com/shop/my-account/edit-address/
Please note that you will need to be logged in to your account to access these links. You can log in via the My Account button at the top right hand corner of our website.
- Other applicable terms
- Website Use
- You agree not to upload, post, email or otherwise send or transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, harm, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or equipment linked directly or indirectly with this website. You also agree not to interfere with the servers or networks underlying or connected to this website or our services or to violate any of the procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to this website.
- All content and programming of the website is our property. Except as may be permitted by law, notwithstanding contractual prohibition, you may not reproduce, modify, copy, de-compile or reverse engineer any of the materials, software or content on the website without our written permission. Use of the website is restricted to personal, non-commercial use only.
- You agree not to impersonate any other person while using this website, conduct yourself in an offensive manner while using our website, or use the website for any illegal, immoral or harmful purpose.
- You may not use the website for unlawful purposes or in any way that may damage our name or reputation or that of our affiliates.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your computer system meets all the necessary technical specifications to enable you to access and use the website and is compatible with the website.
- We may, from time to time, restrict access to certain features, parts or content of the website, or the entire website, to users who have registered with us.
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, for all activity that takes place on your account, and for restricting access to your computer. We will not be held liable for any loss or damage that may result from your failure to do so.
- The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. We endeavour to keep the information contained on the website (other than User Material (as defined in clause 6.2 below)) up-to-date and correct, although there may be times when this is not the case. If you notice any issue with the information on the website, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights in or relating to the website (including our text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, trade marks and logos) are owned by us. Except where you are given a non-exclusive licence to use the intellectual property rights that you need to enable you to use the website in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, you are not given any rights in respect of the intellectual property rights owned by us or our licensors and you acknowledge and agree that you do not acquire any ownership of, or other rights in relation to, any such intellectual property rights by virtue of using the website.
- External Links
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites that we do not control. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or operation of such linked website(s), or for anything provided (or not provided) by the third parties controlling such linked websites.
- If you create a link to the website and we want you to remove it, we reserve the right to ask you to do so.
- Joining Us
- In order to purchase products from the website, you must first register to set up an account with us by completing the registration form on the website.
- In order to register an account you must be an individual and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions. If you are registering on behalf of an organisation or company you must have the authority to bind that company. If you are under 18 years of age and you order goods from the website, please note that you are liable to pay for such order and be held responsible for your order.
- When signing up you need to provide:
your full name;
a valid and current email address;
your delivery address; and
your payment card details or Paypal account
- You warrant that all information you provide to us when registering an account is true and accurate to the best of your knowledge and belief. It is your responsibility to ensure the information in your account is updated regularly with any relevant changes.
- By opting in and creating an account you agree to receive direct marketing offers from BKD using information provided during the registration process.
- We reserve the right to reject any discount code or credit and/or reclaim the amount of any discount or credit if we consider that it is being used in breach of these terms or is otherwise being abused.
- You are responsible for all activities and purchases that occur under your account. You must notify us immediately if you know of, or suspect, that anyone has obtained access to your account or if you otherwise become aware of any unauthorised use of your account or other security breach.
- Availability of Website
- Although we aim to offer you the best service possible, we make no promise that our website services will be available all of the time, meet your requirements or be fault free. If a fault occurs in the service, please report it to us (see below for contact details) and we will correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
- Your access to the website may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will restore the service as soon as we reasonably can. In the event that our website is unavailable, our usual order and cancellation deadlines apply; please notify us of changes to your order via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Purchase of Subscription Boxes
- Except for orders placed on our gift shop (https://www.bkd-london.com/shop), when you register an account on the website you will automatically be signed up to receive a regular delivery of our products (monthly). You can manage and make changes to your orders at any time. Please see the Managing Orders section of our FAQs for more details.
- You may submit orders online at any time after you have created an account. The website allows you to review your order and make any corrections before submitting it to us and by submitting the order you confirm that you have made any such corrections.
- Your submission of an order amounts to an offer to enter a contract to buy the products from us; you cannot then withdraw or cancel your order except as specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions.
- No order is accepted from you until our website displays an order confirmation message.
- We select the boxes sent to you based on what is the monthly box and boxes your children have already received and reserve the right to decide what boxes are sent. For special requests, please contact us via email at email@example.com
- With any subscription, you cannot choose the project/s that you receive.
- Free or Discounted Offers for Subscription Boxes
- 50% OFF FIRST BOX: When you sign up to try your first Mini Bakers Club Box for half price, you will be entering a rolling monthly subscription.
- There is no obligation to continue past your first box, but you will need to cancel future orders before the 1st of the month which is when your regular payments will be taken. You can find the shipment date of your box by logging into your account. This will also be confirmed in the welcome email you will receive once signed up.
- Charges for each box are taken fourteen days in advance of shipment.
- Your first box will ship within 5 working days of the order being placed. The exact shipment date depends on the date of registration.
- You can use the First Box Half Price offer as a discount towards an alternative subscription.
- Free or discount introductory offers are only available to new users of the website. Except where stated, previous users of the website do not qualify for an additional special offer.
- Free or discount introductory offers apply only to the first account opened per household. It must not be used in connection with multiple accounts created or controlled by the same person.
- Except where otherwise stated, discounts and credits cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
- You must have internet access and valid payment details to redeem a free or discounted offer.
- You will be charged the full price for boxes after your free or discounted offer. We will continue to bill you by your chosen payment method for the service until you cancel scheduled boxes.
- Free or discounted offers are only valid for deliveries within the United Kingdom.
- Subscription Payments
- The price of products is as quoted on the website from time to time. Prices stated include VAT.
- We take payments by continuous payment authority. You will be charged as follows:
- Monthly boxes are charged on date of purchase for your first box and then on the 1st of the month thereafter.
- 3 and 6 month boxes are paid in full on the date of purchase for your first box.
- You agree not to hold us responsible for banking charges incurred due to payments on your account.
- We reserve the right to change the fees for any services at any time. We agree to notify you at least 30 days in advance of any change in fees. Please note that you can cancel at any time – see section 12 below.
- Delivery and Return of Subscription Boxes
- Boxes can only be delivered to addresses within the United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland) and Europe. Please note different delivery charges apply to Europe.
- Boxes are delivered by Royal Mail. Proof of delivery is not obtained. Actual delivery times may vary for you depending on:
- our stock availability;
- your delivery address;
- when you make your selection; and
- circumstances impacting delivery by the postage service. We reserve the right to use alternative delivery methods without prior notification.
- You will not hold us responsible for any delays, outside our control, which relate to the delivery of boxes.
- It is your responsibility to report all lost or undelivered boxes within 5 days by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customers are obliged to comply with either Royal Mail’s claim compensation process or our process. Failure to comply with these processes, as amended from time to time, will result in no replacement being made in respect of such undelivered boxes.
- If you change address, you must update your address details in the relevant section of the website to ensure that no boxes are sent out to the wrong address. Or email email@example.com with the address change if it was a gift. Please ensure this is done in time to take effect before you move as you will not be refunded for any boxes posted to the wrong location.
- We reserve the right to cancel your account with us if it becomes apparent that, in our sole opinion, the postal service in your area is too unreliable.
- If you are dissatisfied with any product you receive from us, please contact our customer services team on firstname.lastname@example.org. We retain the right to request a return of any faulty goods by recorded delivery to BKD, Studio 1, 7-17 Latona Road, London, SE15 6RX, and the product will be inspected. If we request recorded delivery then we will pay for the cost of the postage on provision of the postage receipt. If the fault is agreed, a replacement will be given for the returned goods. Nothing in this section affects your legal rights.
- If you place an order for one-off baking kits from our online shop, please be aware that they will still be sent via Royal Mail and may be subject to delays. We therefore cannot guarantee delivery on a specific day and will not be held liable for delays outside of our control.
- You can cancel the purchase of a subscription box at any time before the cut off times by visiting your ‘Subscription’ tab under the ‘My Account’ page and selecting “Suspend” and “Cancel”. For more details please see the Managing Orders section of our FAQs.
- Cancellation must be by the website www.bkd-london.com. You remain responsible for ensuring that any such change or cancellation is not only transmitted by you, but received by us, in time for the deadline.
- We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your use of our service, for any or no reason whatsoever. One reason that we may do so is if we believe that you are in breach of any obligation under these Terms and Conditions. If we terminate your use of our service as a result of a breach of any obligation under these Terms and Conditions, such termination would be immediate and may be without notice.
- As our boxes are made-to-order and personalised, they cannot be returned for any reason unless faulty and you do not have the right to cancel an order for the purchase of a box under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
- Delivery and Returns for Non-Subscription Items
- Non-subscription items, such as our baking kits and bespoke biscuits can only be delivered to addresses within the United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland) and Europe.
- Non-subscription items are delivered by Royal Mail and DPD. Proof of delivery is not obtained, except for Next Day Delivery with DPD. Actual delivery times may vary for you depending on:
1.our stock availability;
2.your delivery address;
3.when you make your selection; and
4.circumstances impacting delivery by the postage service. We reserve the right to use alternative delivery methods without prior notification.
- The prices are shown in GBP and include UK VAT but exclude delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due. See our Delivery Policy for more information on this.
- We do not accept returns due to the perishable and/or personalised nature of our products.
- If an item is damaged and you would prefer a refund, we will offer a refund at our discretion.
- Limitations on Liability
- Nothing in this clause 15 or otherwise in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or in any way limit our liability for:
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- breach of any obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982;
- under Part I of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- any other liability to the extent the same may not be excluded or limited as a matter of law.
- None of these terms restrict any of your statutory rights. For further information about your statutory rights, contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizen’s Advice Bureau.
- Subject to clause 15.1, in no event shall we be liable to you for any business losses. Any liability we do have for losses you suffer is strictly limited to the purchase price of the relevant products and to losses that were foreseeable. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us. Please note that this does not affect your statutory rights.
- Applicable Law
- Your use of this website is governed by these Terms and Conditions and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising from your use of this website and the services we provide are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Assignment by Us
- You agree that we may assign any of our rights and/or transfer, sub-contract or delegate any of our obligations under these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions are personal to you and you may not assign any of your rights or transfer, sub-contract or delegate any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- Accounts are Non-Transferable
- Accounts with BKD London Ltd are not transferable and therefore cannot be sold or traded.
- No Waiver
- If we delay exercising or fail to exercise or enforce any right available to us under these Terms and Conditions, such delay or failure does not constitute a waiver of that right or any other rights under these Terms and Conditions.
- Force Majeure
- We will not be liable to you for any lack of performance, or the unavailability or failure, of this website or our services, or for any failure by us to comply with these Terms and Conditions, where such lack, unavailability or failure arises from any cause reasonably beyond our control.
- Third Party Rights
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions confers on any third party any benefits under the provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- Contacting us
- Please submit any questions you have about these Terms and Conditions or an order you have placed or ordering in general by email to email@example.com or write to us at: BKD, Studio 1, 7-17 Latona Road, London, SE15 6RX.